Skip to main content

William Carey University Libraries

The mission of William Carey University is to provide quality liberal arts and professional education programs within a caring Christian academic community. Founded in 1906 as South Mississippi College, the college was forced to close after a devastating fire. It reopened in 1911 in affiliation with the Mississippi Baptist Convention, and under a new name, Mississippi Woman’s College. In 1953, the college became coeducational, and in 1954, its name was changed to William Carey College in honor of the 18th century “Father of Modern Missions.” In 2006 the name of the institution was changed to William Carey University.

This collection contains materials from the William Carey University Libraries, including college annuals and catalogs documenting the history of the institution, and a small collection of 19th and early 20th century materials.

2
RESULTS
rss


Media Type
2
texts
Year
2
1970
1
2015
1
2008
1
2007
2
2005
2
2004
2
2003
More right-solid
Topics & Subjects
2
William Carey College
Collection
Language
2
English
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Published
Creator
William Carey University Libraries
texts
eye 1,332
favorite 0
comment 0
In 1956 the name of the William Carey College annual was changed to The Crusader
Topic: William Carey College
William Carey College catalog containing information, policies, academic programs, and courses of instruction.
Topic: William Carey College